What is this mass of material that stops and displaces? The ground. It has risen up from under our feet to quieten us. It appears suddenly, quietly, without asking. In our mouths, into the spaces where our bodies should be. We are replaced by earth.
We can barely contain it, barely control it with our bodies. We give it shape, edges, a frame. We fail.
1. 10 tonnes of earth vs. your body.
2. 10 tonnes of earth in a room. the self and others to shape it
3. The self displaced by 10 tonnes of earth
4. A hole in earth in which to be buried
5. The self vs. the other
6. The self displaced by the other